Thursday, July 12, 2012

Final Assignment: PMV


"PMV" stands for "Picture Music Video". What it is is exactly what the name says: a series of hand drawn pictures that correspond with a song. It's kind of like a slideshow, but more relevant to the music and actually telling a story.

The song I used is a translated song by a singer on Youtube: I Like You, I Love You by Rockleetist. She has a variety of songs in her YouTube Channel and she allows people to use them as long as we give her credit. The characters I used in this PMV are not mine, but are from my favorite show, Soul Eater. I refer to myself as Digitalscratch in the video because that is the name I use around the internet and I intend on showing this to my friends. 

The songs was originally about 4 minutes long, and while I intended to reach that time, I was unable to due to only two days given to work on the project, and the fact my hand started to hurt. Thus I had to chop the song in order to make it shorter, and I had to rush in coloring and drawing the last few pictures. Originally there was a story to this PMV, but because I was in a rush I couldn't include the scenes that I originally planned so a lot of things seem random. Honestly, if I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle I would have asked about the final a week ago so I can get started then. 

I also ended up pulling a literal all-nighter to get this video done. As I am typing this, I have went this far for more than 24 hours without sleeping. Good training for future careers. 

Even though I know I could have done better, I am still proud that I was able to make this- with the song the only thing not owned by me. I see this as a great step toward making more of these. I at least now know how to mange my time with these kind of projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment