Sunday, July 1, 2012

Assignment #6- Part 1


Facebook Parody
 The website I chose to parody is Facebook. I am not fond of this website at all and therefore it is an easy target for me. While I am aware of the 'good side' of Facebook (connecting old friends and relatives), it is the 'bad side' of Facebook that bothers me the most. When I say the 'bad side' of Facebook, I am referring to the kind of users who update about what is going on in their life every minute, take really bad bathroom pictures of themselves, and who always make stupid comments on certain statuses. While I do have a Facebook, I rarely ever use it because what I have seen people do annoy me. There are people who spend their time updating their statuses every 10 minutes as if something exciting is going on in their lives. Not to mention the pictures that many people take in the bathroom to show off their new clothes, and even decorate with bad Photoshop brushes in order to 'spice it up.' 


This bothers me because it shows where the priorities of our generation lie. We want to know that we have plenty of friends, even if we don't know who they really are; we want people to know what we are doing at all times; and we want to know that people actually care about what we are doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment